If you have an adjustable-rate mortgage that is adjusting or want to secure a lower interest rate than your current mortgage, refinancing may be able to reduce your monthly payments to a more affordable level. If you have not missed any mortgage payments, refinancing can completely replace your current mortgage loan and provide you with new terms and a new monthly payment.
Refinancing may make sense if you:
- Have enough equity in your home to qualify for a new loan.
- Are current on your mortgage payments.
- Have acceptable credit.
- Want to secure a lower rate, longer term or a different type of loan.
Home Affordable Refinance Program
When you can’t qualify for a regular refinance , you may be able to refinance through the Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP), part of the federal Making Home Affordable Program.
HARP refinance could work if you:
- Have a loan that is owned by Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae. Visit Freddie Mac’s Loan Look-up tool to see if Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae own your loan.
- Have little or no equity in the home.
- Have a job and can afford the new payments.
For more information, please contact us and we will gladly guide you to someone who can help you.